Wellness Presentation for Pregnancy and Birth to Seniors
Wellness is defined as an optimum state of health. Wellness can be increased by activities in health promotion, illness and injury prevention, self-care knowledge and treatment.
Health promotion involves improving and maintaining healthy attitudes, good nutrition, active living, healthy personal environment, spirituality, education, and employment. Illness and injury prevention consists of personal illness and injury prevention as well as periodic health examinations with appropriate screening. Self-care knowledge allows individuals to take care of minor illnesses and injuries and to know when to seek professional help. Treatment consists of professional care when required.
Improving wellness can give you a healthier lifestyle, a longer and healthier life, increased self-esteem, more energy, and decreased illness and injury.
- Created an online wellness site, beingwellcanada.ca that addresses Health Promotion, Illness and Injury Prevention and Self-Care for Pregnancy, Age Birth to 12yrs and Age 13yrs to Seniors
- Defining wellness.
- Differentiating promotion and prevention.
- Recognizing aspects of self-care.
- Recognizing early warning signs of possible serious illness.
- Increasing knowledge of cancer awareness
- Overview of wellness
- Pregnancy: Preconception, Pregnancy, Birth, Postpartum
- Pregnancy: Health Promotion, Illness and Injury Prevention, Self-Care and Early Warning Signs of Possible Complications for each stage of Pregnancy
- Age Birth to 12yrs: Health Promotion, Illness and Injury Prevention, Self-Care, Early Warning Signs of Possible Serious Illness, and Cancer Awareness
- Age 13yrs to Seniors: Health Promotion, Illness and Injury Prevention, Self-Care, Early Warning Signs of Possible Serious Illness, Cancer Awareness
- BSc (HonBio), St FXU, 1973
- Doctor of Medicine, Dalhousie University, 1978
- Authored The Body Owner’s Manuals, 1998